About The Evidence Base®
The Evidence Base® is a community site providing the latest free-to-access news, opinions and insights concerning the collection and application of real-world data to real-world healthcare questions.
The Evidence Base covers hot topics in real-world evidence, health economics, comparative effectiveness research, patient-centered decision-making and much more. Through partnership with our sister journal, the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, we seek to educate and inspire to help this exciting field move forward at an even faster rate.
About the Journal
The peer-reviewed Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (ISSN: 2042-6305) provides a rapid-publication platform for debate and the presentation of new findings and research methodologies.
Through rigorous evaluation and comprehensive coverage, the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research provides stakeholders – including patients, clinicians, healthcare purchasers and health policy makers – with the key data and opinions to make informed and specific decisions on clinical practice.
The partnership with The Evidence Base enables authors to present their research in the context of the current state of the industry, providing expert insight and useful resources.
Articles published in the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research cover key areas such as:
- Studies of patient-centered outcomes, effectiveness or comparative effectiveness yielding new findings relating to diagnostics, therapeutics, surgical procedures, or other healthcare services or options
- Systematic reviews of available evidence relating to the pros and cons of healthcare options for specific patient groups, including precision medicine and comparative safety
- Perspectives and debate relating to the methodology of comparative effectiveness studies and best practice issues
- Commentary on both patient-relevant outcomes and economic implications
- Real-world evidence assessing the comparative safety and effectiveness of existing and new treatment strategies
- Direct ‘head-to-head’ comparisons of available diagnostic and therapeutic options – evaluating the performance of clinical alternatives against current standards of care
- Evaluation and interpretation of the findings of recently completed comparative effectiveness trials, as well as articles discussing the design and rationale of newly commenced studies
- Pharmacoeconomic, health economics and outcomes research studies
About Future Science Group
Future Science Group (London, UK), founded in 2001, is independently owned. Future Science Group’s portfolio consists of two imprints, Future Medicine Ltd. and Future Science Ltd., both of which publish books and journals. In addition to this core publishing business, Future Science Group develops specialist community-driven websites. Key titles and sites include Oncology Central, RegMedNet and the award-winning Regenerative Medicine.
The aim of Future Science Group is to serve the advancement of clinical practice and drug research by enhancing the efficiency of communication among clinicians, researchers and decision-makers, and by providing innovative solutions to their information needs. This is achieved through a customer-centric approach, use of new technologies, products that deliver value-for-money and uncompromisingly high standards.
The opinions expressed on The Evidence Base are those of the authors/interviewees and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Evidence Base, Future Medicine Ltd. or any of its affiliates.